WHO: AREA SCHOOL CHILDREN SELECTED BY SCHOOL OFFICIALS AS THE NEEDIEST CHILDREN IN THEIR SCHOOL
(Must be accompanied by school representative)
PLACE: WAL-MART – MIDDLESBORO, KY
DATE: TUESDAY – DECEMBER 9, 2014
(SNOW DATE – THURSDAY – DECEMBER 11, 2014)
TIME: 9:00 A.M. TO 1:00 P.M.
- Enter Wal-Mart on grocery side.
- Schools will be met by a ROHO Welcome Group. Members will be identified by badges saying (ROHO Member) and/or (ROHO Helper) for easy recognition.
- After being greeted, each school will be issued extra shopping assistance for each child if needed.
- A total of $150.00 per child has been allotted. $110.00 for clothes and $40.00 for toys. ROHO Helpers, you are to assist the child but they can select items for themselves. However, they will needassistance with sizes, appropriate selections, etc… The goal is to make this a special day and a happy one for every child involved.
- When shopping is complete, check your items through the designated lanes marked “ROHO ShoppingSpree.” The purchases are then put into a bag marked with the child’s name and placed in a locationwith other purchases from that child’s school.
- If ROHO Helpers have time, they may take the child to the back of the store for a snack and a visit with Santa Claus. After the child is finished with his or her visit and snack, return them to pick-up their purchases. Make sure to check for the child’s name on the bag. A ROHO Member is required to help with this process.
- The total time needed per child is approximately 1 to 2 hours.
- After the shopping spree is over for that child, or when the ROHO Helper has to leave, each child and/or school will have another ROHO Helper and designated area to report to.
- Each adult needs to bring a calculator or cell phone with the same feature to total the child’s spree. No tax is charged during this spree and PLEASE BRING SIZE SHEET FOR EACH CHILD!
This completes the ROHO Shopping Spree. The ROHO Club hopes this will be a great trip for each school and the children they have selected. If any school officials of representatives have questions, they may contact Lawrence Tuck at 423-869-8566, or they may fax questions or information to 423-869-3205. If necessary, contact Lawrence Tuck on his cell phone at 606-499-3284.
ROHO SHOPPING SPREE SCHOOLS & TIMES
Tuesday December 9, 2014 – Middlesboro Wal-Mart
|SCHOOL||NUMBER OF CHILDREN||SHOPPING TIME||HELPERS||HELPERS NEEDED|
|Ellen Myers||10||9:00 a.m.|
|Bell Central||10||9:00 a.m.|
|Lone Jack||10||9:00 a.m.|
|Rose Hill||15||9:30 a.m.|
|Forge Ridge||10||9:30 a.m.|
|Sharps Chapel||15||10:00 a.m.|
|Elk Knob||15||10:00 a.m.|
|Yellow Creek||10||10:30 a.m.|
|Red Bird||10||11:00 a.m.|
|Right Fork||10||11:00 a.m.|
|St. Julians||10||11:00 a.m.|
|West End||29||12:15 p.m.|
|East End||20||12:15 p.m.|
NOTE TO SCHOOL OFFICIALS: When arriving at Wal-Mart on the grocery side entrance, a ROHO Member will be outside to assist you. They will pair you with a group of ROHO Helpers to assist your students with their Christmas shopping spree. Please bring permission slips with you. Each slip has a clothing size on it.